Friday 25 August 2017

Unicorn Cookies: Pinwheels

When I scheduled these classes a few months ago, I was pretty sure that the craze would be dying down by now, but it seems I underestimated the magical power of unicorns!

I'm ready to move on though... Unicorn toppers, unicorn cupcakes, unicorn cakes and unicorn cookies - that's it. Ping, I'm done.

I have really enjoyed making them, though - it's always a pleasure decorating with pastels. And it also gave me the excuse to decorate pinwheel cookies, which I've been wanting to do for a while.
 Ok, so it's a bit of a stretch - unicorns, rainbows, pinwheels...
But aren't they lovely and whimsical, too?




Here's an approach to a pinwheel cookie:
Draw your crosses, shade the smaller triangles, then outline and flood those.
Once the smaller triangles have dried, outline and flood the larger ones.
(Find a recipe for royal icing and a description of consistencies here).


 I think we can happily retire our unicorns, now. Don't you? 



No, you're right - probably not!

Happy decorating! 

xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment