Monday 6 June 2016

Pear & Pecan Crumble

Well, I didn't get around to making a Sunday roast this past weekend.
(That might suggest that I usually do make a Sunday roast. I don't. Just thought I'd clarify that.)
But I did make a crumble.
And that's good enough.
Actually it's more than good - it's great!
 I'm crazy about this crumble topping - so crispy, crunchy and full of flavour.
And so simple. Which is what you want for a lazy Sunday  - so there's no excuse to not have desert.







Pear and Pecan Crumble
Recipe by Tea, Cake & Create

Filling:

8-10 ripe pears, cut into chunks**
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger

**If the pears are hard, simmer the chunks until just beginning to soften (in 80ml or water for approx 5 minutes). Drain off all the water before placing into your oven dish. If you prefer less fruit to crumble ratio, only use 6 pears.





Crumble topping:

1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
1/3 cup raw rolled oats
1/3 cup finely chopped pecan nuts
A pinch of salt.





Method:

Pre-heat the oven to 180'C

Mix the filling ingredients together and place into an oven dish (I'm using one here that is approx. the size of a loaf pan).

Mix all the crumble ingredients together, and spread evenly over the top of the pears.

Bake at 180'C for 30-35minutes, until the crumble is a rich golden brown.

Remove from the oven and serve warm with fresh cream.




I usually prefer measurements in grams, but when you read the topping ingredients, you'll have seen why I've stuck to cup measures. Didn't I say it was simple?
And of course you don't need to use pears; add this crumble topping to any fruit base of your choice.





There. Pudding done. Roast optional ;o)

Happy baking!

xxM 

1 comment: