Sunday 21 June 2015

Up and Away Cookies

We decorated "Up and Away" Cookies for Fathers Day this year. I'm more comfortable with pretty and girly, though, so it took me a while to find my feet (or wings?!) with this theme.
 But in the end I really enjoyed it!




 Hot air balloons are especially fun to decorate! They have a structure to them - you know they've got a ballon and a basket, so they aren't an overwhelmingly blank canvas (Eeek! Where do I start?!).  But there are dozens of different ways to decorate the envelope; and geometric patterns, in particular, look great.


I'm not very good with symmetry and straight lines, however, so I always sketch the design on the cookie first.
I use a non-toxic graphite pencil for sketching. I know "non-toxic" is not the same as "edible", but we're not eating the actual pencil here, ok?!
(You can use an edible marker if you'd prefer. Just don't eat the marker - it's the ink that's edible, not the marker  ...).

You can find graphite pencils at CNA. They're called Bic Ecolutions.




(If you'd like to know how to create this deep shade of navy blue, read this post here.)



Happy decorating!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment