Saturday 15 November 2014

Lalaloopsy Doll



This post should be  subtitled - "An Ode to Vodka".
No, it's not what you're thinking! I actually don't drink the stuff. And by saying "the stuff" you might think I sound a little judgmental of those that do. No, not at all (unless of course you're walking around swigging it from the bottle in a brown paper bag and you haven't washed your hair in two weeks and the cat has moved next door to be fed.... Then I might be just a teeny bit judgmental....sorry!)
What I'm talking about is it's miraculous powers to clear up little mishaps....



This is how I make a Lalaloopsy: I start with the head. Put on the eyes. (A little fiddly, those button eyes!) Then the cheeks. Then I leave it for oh, a decade or so. Because I'm so convinced that I'm going to mess it up when it comes to painting on the mouth.
And I did mess it up this time. But that's when the bottle of vodka gets pulled out.
Soak a little cotton wool in vodka and erase the damage. That's it. Very un-dramatic, but that's the point: no drama! No tears, no throwing a tantrum (or a Lalaloopsy head across the room). Just a little vodka on some cotton wool - replace with clean cotton wool once it's soaked up some of the paint. Ta-daaa!



Happy decorating!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment