Saturday 6 September 2014

Vintage White Cupcakes


This year has been colour-FULL!
I don't know what I was thinking. I certainly wasn't thinking about all the fondant that I'd have to colour black, navy blue, red, and cerise pink when I scheduled the past few months' class themes.
(I've been tempted to take pictures of my stained hands along the way, but there's nothing picturesque about them in that state!)
So, it was with great relief that I prepared for this class:
Vintage Cupcakes "A Whiter Shade of Pale". White and off-white. Only!



This very neutral shade is created with ivory and a drop of black.
Be very conservative with the black: otherwise the colour will go from neutral to dead.... Oops!



If you'd like to see a tutorial on making a two-tone fondant cameo see here :
http://teacakeandcreate.blogspot.com/2013/04/sugarpaste-cameo-in-two-colours.html

Happy decorating!

xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment