Monday 21 July 2014

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Back to school today! Yay!
My children don't share those sentiments, though. No, they are home-bodies (like their mom), and would rather be here (with me).
That, of course, makes me feel even more guilty that I'm relieved to have the mornings to myself again. But, I am!
This last week of holidays was particularly challenging. Between the two of them, they managed to crack my iPad screen, cut the cord for the computer mouse, and burn a hole in my table cloth (the latter was while they were under Gogo's supervision).
Yes, I'm relieved to have them back at school.

So, it's with that sentiment that I'm sharing these Thing 1 and Thing 2 cutouts I made for a friend recently. I love these characters, but boy-oh-boy,  they introduce a lot of chaos into the story.


Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cutouts

On the left is the image I printed out. 
I used that as a template to cut out the tylose paste Thing on the right. 
Left that to dry, 
then sketched the outline using a black edible marker. 


And coloured it in using edible markers. 
(You could paint it using a mixture of clear alcohol and gel colour, but the coloured-in look suits the Dr Suess theme.)



And repeated the process for Thing 2. 





"If Mother could see this, 
Oh, what would she say!"


Time to go tidy up. 

Happy creating!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment