Wednesday 9 July 2014

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Toppers


If I were to write a summary of the first half of the year, it would be subtitled "Scrambling to Catch Up". Don't ask me what the title would be, I haven't got there yet ;)
I'm sure I'll be on top of things in the next six months. But for now: here I am playing catch up.



I actually took some pictures to make a photo tutorial while I was busy with the Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes a couple of weeks ago (just a couple, so maybe I'm not that far behind!)....




Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Toppers:



You'll need:-
Modeling paste (fondant with tylose powder/ CMC added to it)
-Flesh
-Pink
-Red
-Green

Edible markers / paint

Egg cutter
Hat cutter

Tylose glue
Toothpick

Roll out the flesh coloured paste; cut with the egg-shaped cutter. Turn the cutter around and cut off the top of the paste.
Leave to dry.



Roll out the pink paste; cut with the hat cutter (it doesn't need to be like the one pictured; any hat cutter the appropriate size will do).
Put a band of green on the hat.
Allow to dry.


Draw/ paint red "spots" on the hat.
Draw on the facial details.
Stick the face onto the hat.
Make twirls of red hair.
Stick in place.
Ignore the flower here - it's snuck in prematurely


Make a small green bow, add a flower and secure in place.
Allow the glue to dry before using the topper on your cupcake.




Miss Strawberry Shortcake:

Fruit, fun, Friendship : )


xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment