Thursday 6 March 2014

Fun in the Sun Cookies

I'm having one of those days. I have a list of things to work on, but they're all with fondant and it's turning into goop in the humidity. So I gave up. Went shopping, baked brownies, had some chai tea and now I'm talking to you.
 Ah, that's better!


It's been a while since I did a cookie pictorial tutorial, so I took a few snapshots while I was working on the Fun in the Sun cookies earlier this week. I tend to get caught up in the cookie-ing and not the cataloging, though - so you'll notice that there are a couple of gaps. Sorry!




Here's a two-fer - 2 for the price of 1  ; )  

Beach Ball Cookie

Mark out where you want your wedges to go on the cookie (it's helpful to look at images of beach balls when you do this, but if you sketch it incorrectly - no problem, try again; it'll be covered by your icing. Just make sure you know which lines you're following for the final product!)



Pipe the central spot. (Flooding consistency royal icing) Leave it to dry for approx 20min.



Outline non-adjacent wedges


…and flood. Then leave to dry for 20min.


Now, this is where the pictures are a little lacking…
Fill in the other areas, leave to dry for 20min again; then add white lines to define the outline of the wedges.






 Watermelon Slice Cookie





Pretty self explanatory, huh?



Ok, thanks for listening - I really do feel better now : )


xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment