Monday 7 October 2013

White Chocolate and Fig Brownies (Blondies)


I didn't hesitate to go blonde. Not for one second. Yes, it's different. But oh, so delectably nice!

Personally, when it comes to my hair  (which is not really what we're talking about -  but I know you'll have figured that out already ; )  I'm a committed  brunette. I always have been, and (with a little help from L'oreal) plan to be for another couple of decades.
But I've really enjoyed going blonde in the kitchen, and figuring out my version of a "blondie" (oooh, I feel so trendy!)


White Chocolate and Fig Brownies / Blondies
Recipe by Tea, Cake and Create

Pre-heat the oven to 180' C
Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin / brownie tin

300g white Chocolate
100g butter
120g cake flour
3 eggs
80g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
120g finely chopped dried figs
50g chopped pecans

Melt the butter and white chocolate together in a double boiler.

Beat the sugar and eggs together until very light and creamy.
With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla.

Sift in the flour and salt.
Mix briefly.
Fold in the nuts and figs.

Pour into the prepared tin.

Bake for 35-40min or until a skewer inserted comes out with a few sticky crumbs.

Allow to cool, then cut into squares before serving.


The figs and pecans settle in the base of the blondie - and that's just where they should be : )

Enjoy!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment