Thursday 8 August 2013

Buttercream flower

Do you ever see something and then just have to try it out for yourself? (Or is it just me that has these obsessions?? Nah - you do too, right?)

Thankfully I had a reason to make a cake - my sister had requested a ganache'd cake for her birthday. I'd been wondering how to embellish it, when ta-da-daaa... (we've been watching "The Croods")
I spotted this technique on Pinterest. The original seems to belong to Amber's Cake Creations, shared via Cake Central.
(Here is the link:
http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2212223/i-made-this-cake-for-a-thanksgiving-potluck-vanilla-cake-with-caramel-filling-and-almond-buttercream-i-piped-the-flower-using-the-petal-technique-pipe-a-dot-and-flatten-it-using-a-spatula/)

And here is my version.

The technique is one that I shared here - just made into a flower. 
Tip: mark your outer circle before you begin to guide your placement of the petals. 




The recipe for this particular cake - Amarula (yes - again!) and orange, I will share with you soon. 

Happy decorating!

xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment